Saturday, April 16, 2011

sock monkeys & the Grinch

This past Christmas, I bought my boyfriend a sock monkey. And please don't take that the wrong way....he's been wanting one for a while now. Anyway, he had become quite the travel companion, and we took him along on road trips with us. But for whatever reason, Jonathan left him at my house, and he's been here for a few weeks now. The poor guy was forgotten about when we took our trip to the Whitewater center, and then again this past weekend when we went to Atlanta. Feeling depressed, he turned to his girlfriend, who despite their long distance relationship, he still loves very much. 
Here's the happy couple on a roadtrip to Asheville


 It was then that he found out the truth- She's been cheating on him with the Grinch. Which, I don't agree with cheating, but she gets left behind taking care of the children while Sock Monkey gets to go out and have fun. The cheating had been suspected, but was truly confirmed with the birth of a green sock monkey baby.


The shock of the news only made his depression worse, and he reached next to him and picked up the pop gun (which Jonathan left here too). Not realizing that he was made of stuffing and the gun was merely a toy, it did nothing but left him laying stunned on my bed.


Now, I'm not quite sure what the point of this story is, but I think it's obvious that my boyfriend leaves too many of his toys at my house.


<3 LD

1 comment: