Thursday, December 2, 2010

thankful thursday- mush edition

Ok, so I know that I've already done a Thankful Thursday segment on this person, but he's so awesome that he's going to get another one. Last time, I was thanking him for being a great friend. This time, I get the privilege to thank him for being an amazing boyfriend. So, Jonathan, this is yet another one for you.


We've had a rough couple of days, and I don't know how either one of us would have been able to get through things without each other. It's such a great feeling to know that I have someone that I can count on no matter what. Now don't get me wrong, I have several other people that I know I can always come to for help no matter what- even if I've messed up.

While I was listening to some Avett Brothers earlier, this song really spoke to me:

All My Mistakes- The Avett Brothers

Shooting off vicious collections of words
The losers make facts by the things they have heard
And I find myself trying hard to defend them

I made decisions some right and some wrong
And I let some love go I wish wasn't gone
These things and more I wish I had not done

But I can't go back
And I don't want to
'Cause all my mistakes
They brought me to you

I have some "friends" they don't know who I am
So I write quotations around the word friends
But I have a couple that have always been there for me



I have messed up quite a bit in my life, hence my nickname of "trouble", but I'm glad that I did, because it brought me to where I am today. I have a great family, who even though they drive me nuts sometimes, I know I can count on them. My friends are the best, hands down. And to top it off, I have a pretty awesome boyfriend who has shown me unconditional love.Between all the amazing people in my life (past and present) I'm happy to say that even if I had the chance, I wouldn't go back and change a thing... Come to think of it, this post is more about being thankful for my life and all the people in it. And chances are, if you are reading this, you are included in that list. So this goes out to all of you: I LOVE YOU!!!



<3 LD

No comments:

Post a Comment