Sunday, January 2, 2011

24 things I need to do before I turn 24

well, since there's only 6 months and 6 days before I turn 24, I figured now would be the time for me to start on my list of "24 things I need to do before I turn 24"
So here it is, in no particular order:


1. Buy a good camera and take more pictures.


2. Actually make prints of said pictures.


3. Keep my room clean for a full week. (and really clean, not just shoving things in the closet)...this one's going to be tough.


4. Use my gym membership.- my goal is to go at least 50 times before my birthday... that would be about 3-4 times a week. sounds reasonable, right?


5. Perform somewhere. It doesn't matter if it's singing or playing guitar, trumpet, piano, or any other instrument I get the desire to learn.


6. Take a trip up to Virginia to see my brother, his amazing wife, and my adorable nephew...And I might as well catch up with my long-lost JMU friends while I'm up there :)


7. Finish one of the 485974564 songs I've started writing- and actually play it for someone other than my mom.


8. Volunteer at the Humane Society. 


9. Spend a whole day with my nephew.....Just me and him, and he gets to choose what we do. I love that little guy!


10. Pay off at least one credit card. (I think I can, I think I can!)


11. Start doing yoga again


12. Spend an entire day in Asheville with Jonathan. (I love that place!)


13. Let Jonathan know how much I love and appreciate him, everyday. He is the best thing that's ever happened to me, so it's only natural that I dedicate his favorite number to him.<3


14. Spend more time with my friends. I have gotten too busy lately, and I really need to take more time for my awesome friends who have always been there for me.


15. Read one of those classic novels with zombies added. (Yes, I know, I'm a dork.)


16.  Cook dinner for my parents. (clean up is optional) 


17. Visit somewhere haunted. I don't really know of any places nearby, so I'm open to suggestions!


18. Play a song on my guitar for the kiddos


19. Take a day trip with no destination in mind.


20. Go to Carowinds. I keep saying I'm going to go, and never do. Now that it's on my list, I have to!


21. See my SLO girls. I miss those girls so much....I definitely think a Vegas reunion or something needs to happen asap. And, trying to be reasonable- if it doesn't work out that I get to make a trip before my birthday, I will definitely have to have skype dates with each of them :)


22. Get my fortune told.- I've always been curious about those places, so why not?


23. Give blood.- This is something I used to do often, but stopped....I shouldn't let that one bad experience stop me from doing something good!


24. Go to the beach. I miss that place. Plus, I haven't been to an East Coast beach in like 7 years. (Perhaps this can be a trip for my actual birthday....)




So there you have it. I will post entries to correlate when I actually do things and mark them off my list. I think all of these things are attainable within the next 187 days....but I better get started- only 4488 hours to go!




<3 LD

3 comments:

  1. ill help you since i should make a similar list..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. We miss you a lot here. Lindsey and I were just talking about you on New Years. Makes me sad doesn't even know who you are when I go on about you! This must change. So yes, Vegas, skype, something!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. I am one of Jonathan's friends from back in the Media Play days. I found your blog though his and I can help you with a few of the things on your list! I am a photographer and teach classes occasionally. If you decide to get a new camera in the next few weeks, I am teaching a class on the 22nd. http://cahartman.com/01222011.html

    AND my husband is a musician an teaches singer/songwriters. He helps finish off songs if needed, teaches how to get small local gigs to get started, works with instruments and self-accompanying, etc. jshartman.com

    You must be a special lady to have snagged Jonathan. I hope I get to meet you someday!

    ReplyDelete