Wednesday, October 27, 2010

word of the week-glower

This week's word is brought to you by the letter "G"! 


Glower: To look or stare angrily or with a scowl
 
has this ever happened to you?

Now, I'm not a fan of this act, because as many of you know, "I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite!" 
But it seems that there are some days when even I feel as if everyone is glowering at me. Yes, even AWESOME-O has these days, and even with my super-ability to be super-awesome and all that other junk, it still gets to me a little when I have days like that. So next time you encounter a day filled with glowering people, and it gets you down, remember AWESOME-O's motto: "When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead." And yes, I know I've used this quote before, and I'm sure I will use it again...that's just what happens with great quotes. 
Another tactic I like to use when people are giving me angry stares is to picture something funny that I've seen before to replace their faces. Here are a few pictures to help you get started:

satanic wet cat becomes....





fat, fluffy couch potato cat!




stern jack nicholson becomes....
a less-scary jack nicholson- the joker!


mean fat baby becomes....



super cute, talented baby who drinks beer. awww.
scary boxer becomes...

...whatever the heck this is!



Now that you know how to defeat a day of glowering, go out and use these powers to fight off negativity everywhere. And remember, the best way to get someone to stop giving you mean glares is to smile at them. If necessary, make it an insane smile (like Tracy) and even add some maniacal laughter in as well. If nothing else, they will think you are crazy and leave you alone!

<3 LD

No comments:

Post a Comment