Saturday, September 4, 2010

:insert generic first entry title here:

As my first entry, I would like to say something that is extremely intelligent, or at least completely awesome, but as forewarned, that's not going to happen.
I did, however, wish to share my horoscope from today-
"It's perfectly normal to be pulled in two directions today, and it's okay if you cannot choose which feelings to act on."
I always find it interesting when my horoscope is actually right. I know that it's just coincidence, but the 4% that it says something that is relevant to my life gives me some encouragement that there are certain signs in life that can't be simply ignored. At first, I thought it was referring to my indecision of what I wanted to dress up as for Halloween, but that was a lot easier once I tried on my first choice and it was too skanky even for my standards.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I loathe making decisions, so when faced with a dilemma that actually effects my everyday life, it makes me want to run in my room and hide under my covers until it passes. I love when life just makes decisions for me. It makes it so much easier. As Dr.Seuss once said: "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." This is by far one of my favorite quotes. I find myself repeating this one often when I'm trying to figure out answers to life's questions.

"I don't get many things right the first time. In fact, I am told that a lot." Another of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite musicians, Ben Folds. Which brings me to why I hate making decisions so much. I screw up a lot- plain and simple. I am actively working on getting better at making decisions, as well as other things in life, which is an inspiration behind this blog. Perhaps writing about it will help me follow through with these things. If nothing else, it will at least give the 3 people that actually read this the information they need to hold me accountable for doing what I say I'm going to do.
<3 LD

No comments:

Post a Comment