Wednesday, September 15, 2010

word of the week- apprise

It's time for Word of the Day Wednesday, hooray! Now many of you are going to wonder how I decide which word I am going to use for the word of the day, and it's actually a pretty funny process. For those of you who wish to know the answer, I will be happy to provide it to you in person, because I think your response will be well worth the effort I will be putting into this :)
As you have already seen by the title- today's word is apprise. To apprise means to give notice to; to inform....often followed by "of". Example- On Monday, I apprised my blog followers of the daily topics I was going to begin writing about. 

I recently had to apprise the family I was a nanny for of my recent job opportunity at Bethlehem. Taking the new job meant that I wouldn't be able to work for them anymore, so it was a hard thing for me to do. I'm not very good with confrontation, especially when it involves letting people down. Unfortunately, I've had to do it a lot lately... but don't worry- I think I'm almost near my disappointment quota for the year, so I should be good now. But to be on the safe side, if you are looking for a let-down, print this out and see me. 


offer only valid with coupon. non applicable to non-accquaintences of LD.coupon must be presented at time of redemption. not valid with any other offers. one coupon per person, please! disappointment is not something I like to do, so please use wisely. once used, disappointment cannot be returned. thank you and have a blessed day. 


<3 LD

No comments:

Post a Comment