Friday, September 10, 2010

Word of the week- palindrome

I realized that this thing had absolutely no rhyme or reason, and I was basically using it as an outlet for all of my random rambles when no one was around to talk to. So to make it more interesting and to give it a little more structure, I've decided to start doing the "Word of the Week" segment. 
This week's word is palin...wait for it....drome!

a palindrome is a word, phrase, or number that can be read the same way in either direction.

I have always loved palindromes, as my birthday is one- 7/8/87. I also realized that my best friends is one when she gave her birth date to the pharmacist yesterday- 5/8/85. I got really excited and it sparked my passion for them once again. 

Here are a few of my favorites, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:
Do geese see God?
Murder for a jar of red rum 
Tulsa nightlife:filth, gin, a slut.
Won't lovers revolt now?
Yo, Banana Boy!

and the greatest of all, a poem by Demetri Martin:
Dammit I’m mad.
Evil is a deed as I live.
God, am I reviled? I rise, my bed on a sun, I melt.
To be not one man emanating is sad. I piss.
Alas, it is so late. Who stops to help?
Man, it is hot. I’m in it. I tell.
I am not a devil. I level “Mad Dog”.
Ah, say burning is, as a deified gulp,
 In my halo of a mired rum tin.
I erase many men. Oh, to be man, a sin.
Is evil in a clam? In a trap?
No. It is open. On it I was stuck.
Rats peed on hope. Elsewhere dips a web.
Be still if I fill its ebb.
Ew, a spider… eh?
We sleep. Oh no!
Deep, stark cuts saw it in one position.
Part animal, can I live? Sin is a name.
Both, one… my names are in it.
Murder? I’m a fool.
A hymn I plug, deified as a sign in ruby ash.
A Goddam level I lived at.
On mail let it in. I’m it.
Oh, sit in ample hot spots. Oh wet!
A loss it is alas (sip). I’d assign it a name.
Name not one bottle minus an ode by me:
“Sir, I deliver. I’m a dog”
Evil is a deed as I live.
Dammit I’m mad.
 

 
<3 LD

No comments:

Post a Comment