Tuesday, November 2, 2010

thoughtful tuesday- work edition

Work....it's something we all have to do, but most of us would rather be doing something else. I have had lots of experience working, as I have had more jobs than I can count on my fingers and toes. Some people say that I go through so many jobs because I have too high of expectations of what work should be. Others say I'm just lazy (no arguing there) and then there are the few people who know me well enough to know that I just get bored easily, and it's hard for me to stay with one thing for too long. I have had several jobs that I absolutely loved, and others that I absolutely hated. Right now, I'm only working enough to get by, and it's with kids, so naturally I'm happy with work at the moment. But soon, I'm going to have to get a second job to afford school, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate every minute that I have to be at work, instead of spending time with my loved ones or sleeping. 
There are a few key elements that I have learned about the working world from my experience, so hopefully I can use them to my advantage with my quest for finding more work. If nothing else, maybe I can help someone who is actually reading this, or at least entertain you for a moment...

When trying to get a job, you must have experience, a flexible schedule, be willing to kiss butt on command, and have an outstanding resume.

Also, it helps if you look important. Be sure to suit-up, and carry a briefcase around, even if it's just filled with crackers.

Another thing to remember is to never be late....because that's the only time your time actually matters.

And remember: Always work hard and do your best.

 I'm not quite sure where I was going with all this, other than to say: "Let the search for the second job begin!"


<3 LD

No comments:

Post a Comment