Wednesday, November 17, 2010

word of the week- jovial

This week's word is brought to you by the letter "J"!


Jovial: Merry; joyous; jolly; characterized by mirth or jollity.

Jollity? hmm, I think I'm going to have to start using that word, I like it.
I thought this word would be appropriate given the time of year. Most of you will know this word already, but what can I say? I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit and am full of jollity. 

When you think of the word jolly, most likely, you will think of Jolly Old St.Nicholas, or SANTA!!!!
Santa!!! I know that guy!!!


There's also other cool things with the word jolly-
Take the Jolly Roger for example: it's a pirate flag! how awesome is that?
arrrg! have you seen me booty?


Also, Jolly Ranchers! They are absolute deliciousness.
mmmm

With the word Merry- we automatically think "Merry Christmas!"


But, how many of you thought of this guy?

If you don't know who this is, you should probably stop reading my blog immediately bc chances are I won't like you....unless you are willing to amend your ignorance. (j/k!..or am i???)



This just goes to show you that the word Jovial is awesome in more than one way....and now you are going to associate it with all these other things that have nothing to do with the word other than my randomness!!

<3 LD

No comments:

Post a Comment